The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Course in Nepali
Nepali has also been adopted by peoples of the Himalayan region who belong to different linguistic groups, and is now understood throughout the whole of Nepal, the Darjeeling region of West Bengal, Sikkim, Bhutan and parts of Tibet, where it has functioned as a language of trade and commerce for well over two centuries.
The aim of this course, which covers the whole grammar and all the constructions of modern Nepali, is to present a full description of both the spoken and written forms of modern standard Nepali, and to enable the student to understand, speak and read most types of Nepali he or she is likely to encounter. The earlier lessons concentrate mainly on the spoken style, and the conversation passages whilst the later lessons concern religious, political and literary topics.
Nepal is a land which already provides great enjoyment to the increasing number of visitors from the west. A knowledge of the language leads to a deeper understanding of the culture of its people, and the object of A Course in Nepali is to provide the means of learning it without much difficulty. Earlier editions of this course have been the standard book for students at the School of Oriental and African Studies, and it is without question the established market leader.
344 pages; ISBN 9781136111709
, or download in or
More from this author
- A Practical Manual of Diabetic Retinopathy Management2009US$ 174.95234 pages
- Writing to the King2010US$ 23.00243 pages
More Language Arts
Cambridge English as a Second Language Coursebook 2009 US$ 26.00 178 pages
The Amsterdam Connection 2001 US$ 6.00 81 pages
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Indo-Iranian philology and literature > Indo-Aryan languages > Modern Indo-Aryan languages > Particular languages and dialects > Pahari
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Indo-Iranian philology and literature > Indo-Aryan languages > Vedic
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Indo-Iranian philology and literature > General
- Social Science > Ethnic Studies
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Study & Teaching
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics
- Foreign Language Study