Outreach Services in Academic and Special Libraries
(If any tax is payable it will be calculated and shown at checkout.)
Print & copy permissions
Discover innovative outreach services you can implement for your library!
Outreach Services in Academic and Special Libraries examines the creation and delivery of outreach programs designed to promote awareness of the library by meeting the information needs of underserved or uninformed patrons. This book contains the experiences of academic and special librarians who describe a wide array of successful outreach programs that are in place throughout the country. This valuable tool introduces professional librarians and library science students and faculty to current and highly innovative models of outreach services implemented in a variety of academic and special library settings.
This extensive resource shows how to use outreach programs to market new information resources and services to library constituents. Outreach Services in Academic and Special Libraries contains charts, graphs, and pictorials to help walk you through the process of creating an outreach program at your library. This book also presents bibliographies, suggestions on how to improve on existing designs, and the librarians’ wish lists of ideas they’d like to try in the future.
Outreach Services in Academic and Special Libraries presents case studies covering many topics related to outreach services, including:
Librarians will benefit from the wide range of creative ideas and successful case studies implemented by library colleagues representing institutions from around the country. Outreach Services in Academic and Special Libraries serves as a catalyst for librarians to implement similar outreach programs at their own academic or special library.
- outreach to special groups of remote users
- multicultural outreach
- collaborative outreach partnerships with university and college departments and community organizations
- outreach Web sites targeting special groups
- marketing library services and resources
- information literacy as a form of outreach
- multi-media kiosks and exhibits
- book talks
- outreach to new faculty and transfer students
- and more!
Taylor and Francis
; January 2013
250 pages; ISBN 9781135796235Read online
, or download in secure EPUB
or secure PDF format
Title: Outreach Services in Academic and Special Libraries
Author: Linda S Katz
- Beyond These Walls: Building a Library Outreach Program at Oakland University
- Instructional Outreach Across the Curriculum: Enhancing the Liaison Role at a Research University
- Multiple Models for Library Outreach Initiatives
- Faculty Outreach: A Win-Win Proposition
- Meeting Changing Information Needs of Illinois Firefighters: Analysis of Queries Received from Outreach Reference Service
- Grassroots to Grassfed: Libraries Partner with Local Organizations to Address the Information Needs of Farming Communities in Upstate New York
- Building a Collaborative AgNIC Site as an Outreach Model: Rangelands of the Western U.S.
- Bilingual Outreach: Research for Teens on an Academic Web Site
- Taking Library Recruitment a Step Closer: Recruiting the Next Generation of Librarians
- Internet Access and Training for African-American Churches: Reducing Disparities in Health Information Access
- If You Build It Will They Come? Using a New Library Building to Establish a Culture of Marketing
- Outreach: Why, How and Who? Academic Libraries and Their Involvement in the Community
- Reference Notes Included