The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Dyslexia in the Early Years
A Practical Guide to Teaching and Learning
Packed full of activities, real-life case studies, tasks and suggestions, this informative book will equip teachers with the kind of practical knowledge needed to teach young children with dyslexia effectively.
Tackling the subject in a clear and realistic way, the author encourages teachers to think critically in terms of the changing nature of special educational needs, and teaching and learning in early years. She addresses a variety of classroom issues, such as:
- assessment and identification of dyslexia
- summarising and commenting on current debates
- exploring the links between dyslexia, language, and social and emotional development
- the most effective instructional methods and teaching styles conducive to supporting pupils with dyslexia in early years settings.
In addition the book considers the implications of current research for everyday classroom practice, makes recommendations for employing technologies and for accessing web-based information and resources.
112 pages; ISBN 9781134284023
, or download in or
More from this author
- Parenting, Family Policy and Children's Well-Being in an Unequal Society2014US$ 90.00252 pages
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Energizing Brain Breaks 2013 US$ 19.95 65 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education > Roman Catholic
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Exceptional children and youth. Special education > Children and youth with disabilities. Learning disabled children and youth
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Education > Special Education
- Education > Preschool & Kindergarten