The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Structural Basis of Architecture
This is a book about structures that shows students how to "see" structures as integral to architecture, and how knowledge of structures is the basis for understanding both the mechanical and conceptual aspects inherent to the art of building.
Analyzing the structural principles behind many of the best known works of architecture from past and present alike, this book places the subject within a contemporary context.
The subject matter is approached in a qualitative and discursive manner, and is illustrated by many photographs of architectural projects and structural behaviour diagrams. This new edition is revised and updated throughout, includes worked-out examples, and is perfect as either an introductory structures course text or as a designer’s sourcebook for inspiration.
424 pages; ISBN 9781135666873
, or download in or
Architectural Graphic Standards 2010 US$ 110.00 560 pages
AutoCAD Workbook for Architects and Engineers 2009 US$ 49.99 297 pages
Rethinking the Informal City 2012 US$ 29.95 264 pages
Innovations in Design & Decision Support Systems in Architecture and Urban Planning 2006 US$ 259.00 519 pages
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > 1821- > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theatrical costume and costume design > Materials and articles of clothing > Rings, bracelets, armillae, etc. > 1821-
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > General
- Academic > Architecture, Landscape > Architecture > Architectural drawing and design
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Theaters > By city and building A-Z
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Architectural drawing and design
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Other countries A-Z
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > Design & Drafting