The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Morphophonemics of Modern Hebrew (Routledge Revivals)
Routledge Revivals presents a reissue of Noam Chomksy’s MA thesis, written in 1951, and first published in 1979. Morphophonemics of Modern Hebrew is a landmark study in linguistics and generative phonology, which provides not only an analysis of morphophonemics but of the entire grammar of Modern Hebrew from syntax to phonology. Professor Chomsky’s goal in this thesis is nothing less than a complete generative grammar of the Hebrew language.
This work is of singular importance as it contains the genesis of the author’s work in the field of generative grammar which has had such a profound impact upon the study of linguistics. This reissue of a truly pioneering work will be of great interest to all those concerned with generative grammar and its origins, and with the progression of thought of one of the greatest minds of our time.
84 pages; ISBN 9781136599040
, or download in or
More Language Arts
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Oriental philology and literature > Hebrew > Language (Biblical and modern)
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Oriental philology and literature > General > Literature
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Semantics
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Phonetics & Phonics