From Adult Education to the Learning Society
21 Years of the International Journal of Lifelong Education
This unique text provides a valuable route map to the development of thinking in adult education and lifelong learning. It includes more than twenty-five seminal articles from the first two decades of the International Journal of Lifelong Education, written by leading authors in the field from the UK, the USA, Australia and Europe.
Compiled to show the development of the field, the articles are divided into four sections:
From Ault Education…
…to Lifelong Education
…and Lifelong Learning
…to the Learning Society and Beyond.
The specially written Introduction by the editor contextualises the selection and introduces readers to the main issues and current thinking in the field. This is the only text of its kind to demonstrate practice and policy internationally over this period, and as the collection of articles are now available in one easy-access place, this is an excellent resource for students and scholars.
456 pages; ISBN 9781134217946
, or download in or
Title: From Adult Education to the Learning Society
Author: Peter Jarvis
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education
- Education > Distance Education & Learning
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Social Science > Sociology