The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Writing Under Control
Now in its third edition and reflecting changes in the Primary National Strategy, this best-selling textbook introduces primary teachers to key issues in the teaching of writing. Strongly rooted in classroom practice, the book includes:
- the history, theory and practice of teaching writing
- children writing in and out of school
- EAL and gender issues in writing
- the development of writing across the years of the primary school
- planning classroom routines and organising resources
- balancing the composition and transcription elements in writing
- monitoring and assessing writing
- meeting individual needs
- managing specific learning difficulties in writing, such as dyslexia
With its companion Reading under Control (also in its third edition), this book provides undergraduate and postgraduate teachers with comprehensive guidance for the teaching of literacy.
272 pages; ISBN 9781135694036
, or download in or