Family Photo Detective
Learn How to Find Genealogy Clues in Old Photos and Solve Family Photo Mysteries
Unlock the Secrets of Your Old Family Photos!
Historical family photos are cherished heirlooms that offer a glimpse into the lives of our ancestors. But the images, and the stories behind them, often fade away as decades pass - the who, when, where and why behind the photos are lost. In this book, photo identification expert and genealogist Maureen A. Taylor shows you how to study the clues in your old family photos to put names to faces and recapture their lost stories.
Inside, you'll learn how to:
- Determine the type of image you have - from common paper prints to stereographs to historical daguerreotypes, ambrotypes, and tintypes
- Use clothing, accessories, and hairstyles to date the image in the correct decade
- Research photographer's imprints to narrow down when and where the photo was taken
- Compare facial features in multiple photos to confirm identity and family resemblance
- Interview family members to gather more information about the image
- Identify props in the photo to create context for the image
176 pages; ISBN 9781440325021
, or download in
Title: Family Photo Detective
Author: Maureen A. Taylor