The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Advances in Natural Medicines, Nutraceuticals and Neurocognition
Great strides have been made in the field of natural medicine with respect to neurocognition. Once limited to the province of niche publications, these discoveries are now routinely explored in mainstream psychopharmacology, neuroscience, nutrition, and medical journals. Now presented in one convenient volume, Advances in Natural Medicines, Nutraceuticals and Neurocognition reflects the breadth and depth of recent advances in this area.
The editors of this volume are affiliated with one of the leading research centers in this area. Bringing together the work of contributors from around the globe, this book examines:
- The application of cognitive batteries to capture small changes in cognition due to herbal and supplement administration
- Recent methodological developments related to cognitive aging
- Neurocognitive effects of isolated compounds, including N-acetylcysteine and lipoic acid
- The effect of supplementation with multivitamins on cognitive health
- The impact of agents that improve metabolic activity in the context of neurocognitive function
- The extent to which essential fatty acids, and in particular omega-3s, can improve cognitive function
- The application of Chinese medicine in the context of dementia—including herbal extracts, acupuncture, and other approaches
- Mechanistic and efficacy studies associated with chronic administration of the Indian herb Bacopa monnieri (BM)
- The efficacy of herbal abstracts in the treatment of anxiety disorders, depression, and insomnia
- The Chinese club moss alkaloid Huperzine A, its mechanisms of action, and its potential in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and related conditions
With more than 50 percent of the population taking some sort of natural medicine supplement, the industry is worth tens of billions of dollars per year. This book assembles recent research to assist researchers in further studies on these ubiquitous supplements and their effect on intelligence, memory, cognition, and brain functioning.
363 pages; ISBN 9781439893623
, or download in
The Ice Palace That Melted Away 2013 US$ 14.99 192 pages
The Future of the Mind 2014 US$ 12.99 352 pages