The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Psychology and Crime: An Introduction to Criminological Psychology
Crime is an expensive aspect of society, and each year huge amounts of public money are spent on the courts, police, probation services, and prisons, while the human costs in terms of pain, fear and loss is incalculable.
Psychology and Crime comprehensively covers the vital role of psychological theories and methods in understanding and managing criminal behaviour. It analyzes in depth the application of psychological findings to a range of serious crimes, such as arson, violent crime, and sexual crime. It examines the use of psychology by the police and the courts and discusses the role of psychology in crime reduction strategies.
Written by a leading authority on the subject and informed by over twenty years of teaching experience, the new edition of this successful text has been thoroughly revised and updated to take account of the most recent research in the field. New features also include:
- Expansive coverage of the development of criminal behaviour;
- Chapter summaries and end-of-chapter discussion points;
- Text boxes throughout highlighting key issues, debates and brief histories;
- Supplementary online resources at www.routledge.com/cw/hollin.
Psychology and Crime is an essential introduction and reference for undergraduate and postgraduate students in psychology, criminology, sociology and related subjects. It also represents an invaluable resource for professional training courses and anyone planning a career in the criminal justice system.
448 pages; ISBN 9781135107390
, or download in or
More from this author
- The Essential Handbook of Offender Assessment and Treatment2005US$ 77.95305 pages
- Psychology and Crime1989US$ 39.95305 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Criminal anthropology
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Psychology > Criminal Psychology
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Forensic Psychology
- Social Science > Criminology