The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Introduction to Estimating for Construction
Students and professionals encountering estimating for the first time need an approachable introduction to its principles and techniques, which is up to date with current practice. Introduction to Estimating for Construction explains both the traditional techniques, and best practice in early contractor involvement situations, within the framework of modern construction procurement.
As well as introducing different estimating techniques, it includes:
- The nature of costs in construction from a cost of resources approach
- Modern tendering procedures and the stages of development of construction projects
- How to convert an estimate into a formal tender and then into a contract
- Simple numerical examples of estimates
- Estimating and cost analysis during the construction project
- Summaries and discussion questions in every chapter
This is an easy to read introduction to building estimating for undergraduate students, or anyone working in a quantity surveying or construction commercial management role who needs a quick reference.
216 pages; ISBN 9781136164002
, or download in or