The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Testing in Scala
If you build your Scala application through Test-Driven Development, you’ll quickly see the advantages of testing before you write production code. This hands-on book shows you how to create tests with ScalaTest and the Specs2—two of the best testing frameworks available—and how to run your tests in the Simple Build Tool (SBT) designed specifically for Scala projects.
By building a sample digital jukebox application, you’ll discover how to isolate your tests from large subsystems and networks with mocking code, and how to use the ScalaCheck library for automated specification-based testing. If you’re familiar with Scala, Ruby, or Python, this book is for you.
- Get an overview of Test-Driven Development
- Start a simple project with SBT and create tests before you write code
- Dive into SBT’s basic commands, interactive mode, packaging, and history
- Use ScalaTest both in the command line and with SBT, and learn how to incorporate JUnit and TestNG
- Work with the Specs2 framework, including Specification styles, matchers DSLs, and Data Tables
- Understand mocking by using Java frameworks EasyMock and Mockito, and the Scala-only framework ScalaMock
- Automate testing by using ScalaCheck to generate fake data
166 pages; ISBN 9781449360344
, or download in or
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages