The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Wireless Networking Absolute Beginner's Guide
Make the most of your wireless network…without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to connect all your wireless devices, get great performance with everything from streaming media to printing, stay safe and secure, and do more with Wi-Fi than you ever thought possible! Even if you’ve never set up or run a network before, this book will show you how to do what you want, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. Wireless networking has never, ever been this simple!
Who knew how simple wireless networking could be?
This is today’s best beginner’s guide to creating, using, troubleshooting, and doing more with your wireless network…simple, practical instructions for doing everything you really want to do, at home or in your business! Here’s a small sample of what you’ll learn:
• Buy the right equipment without overspending
• Reliably connect Windows PCs, Macs, iPads, Android tablets, game consoles, Blu-ray players, smartphones, and more
• Get great performance from all your networked devices
• Smoothly stream media without clogging your entire network
• Store music and movies so you can play them anywhere in your home
• Keep neighbors and snoopers out of your network
• Share the files you want to share–and keep everything else private
• Automatically back up your data across the network
• Print from anywhere in the house–or from anywhere on Earth
• Extend your network to work reliably in larger homes or offices
• Set up a “guest network” for visiting friends and family
• View streaming videos and other web content on your living room TV
• Control your networked devices with your smartphone or tablet
• Connect to Wi-Fi hotspots and get online in your car
• Find and log onto hotspots, both public and hidden
• Quickly troubleshoot common wireless network problems
Michael Miller is the world’s #1 author of beginning computer books. He has written more than 100 best-selling books over the past two decades, earning an international reputation for his friendly and easy-to-read style, practical real-world advice, technical accuracy, and exceptional ability to demystify complex topics. His books for Que include Computer Basics Absolute Beginner’s Guide; Facebook for Grown-Ups; My Pinterest; Ultimate Digital Music Guide; Speed It Up! A Non-Technical Guide for Speeding Up Slow PCs, and Googlepedia: The Ultimate Google Resource.
Covers: Wireless Networking
User Level: Beginning
368 pages; ISBN 9780133381306
, or download in or
More from this author
Programming with Mathematica®: An Introduction 2013 US$ 76.00 732 pages
Head First C# 2010 US$ 39.99 840 pages