An Employer's and Engineer's Guide to the FIDIC Conditions of Contract
When all parties involved in the construction process fullyunderstand their roles and are able to anticipate potential pointsof conflict, disputes and delays will be minimised.
The Employer’s and Engineer’s Guide to the FIDICConditions of Contract sets out the essential administrativerequirements of a FIDIC based contract by reference to the FIDIC1999 Red Book.
The obligations and duties of the Employer and the Engineer areidentified and discussed. Potential pitfalls are highlighted andlikely consequences pointed out.
The importance of the Employer’s role in the preparationof tenders, which fully reflect his requirements and duties andobligations arising in the execution of the works, is emphasised.The key role of the Engineer in the effective administration ofcontracts after award is examined and commentary provided.
Included in the guide are a number of appendices, includingmodel letters which will be of value to less experienced staff(particularly those whose mother-tongue is not the Englishlanguage).
Engineers, quantity surveyors and project managers engaged inthe contractual administration of international projects usingFIDIC forms of contract will find the concise guidance in simpleand jargon-free language provided here invaluable.
This, together with the author’s earlier book,Contractor’s Guide to the FIDIC Conditions of Contract- which describes the duties, rights and responsibilities ofthe Contractor – represents the totality of supervision,design and execution of construction projects executed under theFIDIC Conditions of Contract.
This book’s companion website offers invaluable resourcesto freely download, adapt and use:
- Model letters for use by the Employer
- Model letters for use by the Contractor
- Sample Interim Payment Certificate
- Model Form for Submissions to the Engineer
- Model Form of Engineer’s Order for Varied Works
- Model Form of Daywork/Daily Record Sheets
232 pages; ISBN 9781118385760
, or download in or
Title: An Employer's and Engineer's Guide to the FIDIC Conditions of Contract
Author: Michael D. Robinson
The Principal's Quick-Reference Guide to School Law 2014 US$ 45.95 433 pages
America's Bitter Pill 2015 US$ 13.99 384 pages
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Arbitration and award
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Jurisprudence. Philosophy and theory of law > The concept of law
- Academic > History > United States local history > Old Northwest. Northwest Territory > Ohio
- Academic > History > United States local history > New England > Vermont
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Periodicals
- Law > Corporate
- Law > Contracts