Developing with Couchbase Server
Today’s highly interactive websites pose a challenge for traditional SQL databases—the ability to scale rapidly and serve loads of concurrent users. With this concise guide, you’ll learn how to build web applications on top of Couchbase Server 2.0, a NoSQL database that can handle websites and social media where hundreds of thousands of users read and write large volumes of information.
Using food recipe information as examples, this book demonstrates how to take advantage of Couchbase’s document-oriented database design, and how to store and query data with various CRUD operations. Discover why Couchbase is better than SQL databases with memcached tiers for managing data from the most interactive portions of your application.
- Learn about Couchbase Server’s cluster-based architecture and how it differs from SQL databases
- Choose a client library for Java, .NET, Ruby, Python, PHP, or C, and connect to a cluster
- Structure data in a variety of formats, from serialized objects, a stream of raw bytes, or as JSON documents
- Learn core storage and retrieval methods, including document IDs, expiry times, and concurrent updates
- Create views with map/reduce and learn Couchbase mechanisms for querying and selection
, or download in or
Title: Developing with Couchbase Server
Author: MC Brown
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages