The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Russian Children's Literature and Culture
Soviet literature in general and Soviet children’s literature in particular have often been labeled by Western and post-Soviet Russian scholars and critics as propaganda. Below the surface, however, Soviet children’s literature and culture allowed its creators greater experimental and creative freedom than did the socialist realist culture for adults. This volume explores the importance of children’s culture, from literature to comics to theater to film, in the formation of Soviet social identity and in connection with broader Russian culture, history, and society.
352 pages; ISBN 9781135865566
, or download in or
More Literary Criticism
How to Read Literature Like a Professor 2009 US$ 11.49 314 pages
English Literature for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 34.00 258 pages
Systematic Approaches to a Successful Literature Review 2011 US$ 49.00 289 pages
Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five 1997 US$ 5.99 85 pages
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Slavic. Baltic. Albanian > Slavic > Slavic philology and languages (General)
- Academic > Literature > Russian literature > History and criticism
- Literary Criticism > Semiotics & Literary Theory
- Literary Criticism > Russian & Former Soviet Union
- Literary Criticism > European