The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Russian Children's Literature and Culture
Soviet literature in general and Soviet children’s literature in particular have often been labeled by Western and post-Soviet Russian scholars and critics as propaganda. Below the surface, however, Soviet children’s literature and culture allowed its creators greater experimental and creative freedom than did the socialist realist culture for adults. This volume explores the importance of children’s culture, from literature to comics to theater to film, in the formation of Soviet social identity and in connection with broader Russian culture, history, and society.
352 pages; ISBN 9781135865566
, or download in or
More Literary Criticism
The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei 2013 US$ 39.95 720 pages
Shakespeare and the Digital World 2014 US$ 24.00 280 pages
Paradise, Death and Doomsday in Anglo-Saxon Literature 2001 US$ 37.00 224 pages
Heller's Catch-22 1999 US$ 5.99 36 pages
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Slavic. Baltic. Albanian > Slavic > Slavic philology and languages (General)
- Academic > Literature > Russian literature > History and criticism
- Literary Criticism > Semiotics & Literary Theory
- Literary Criticism > Russian & Former Soviet Union
- Literary Criticism > European