The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Identity Development of College Students
Advancing Frameworks for Multiple Dimensions of Identity
This book describes contemporary perspectives on the identity development of college students in the U.S. with an emphasis on multiple social identities. The book traces the evolution of the study of identity in relation to contemporary research and theoretical frameworks. These contemporary perspectives are situated within a holistic description of identity that portrays identity as the intersection of context, personal characteristics, and social identities. It explores the nature of context, including inequitable power structures, and how context influences and is influenced by multiple social identities. The authors use research on multiple identities as a springboard, including using critical theoretical frameworks to analyze these relationships, such as intersectionality, critical race theory, and queer theory.
352 pages; ISBN 9781118482285
, or download in or
More from this author
- Negotiating the Complexities of Qualitative Research in Higher Education2011US$ 48.95232 pages
- Student Services2010US$ 80.00646 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Women. Girls
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Educational sociology
- Education > Higher
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Students & Student Life