The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Chinese For Dummies
China has become a major influence in the world today, and Mandarin Chinese is the world's most widely spoken language. Not only is China full of opportunities in business and politics, but Chinese culture, continues to make its way into the western world.
With an updated CD including real-life conversations, Chinese For Dummies expands grammar, verb conjugations, and pronunciations—and includes a refreshed mini-dictionary complete with even more essential vocabulary.
- Basic vocabulary
- Everyday conversations, including phone dialogue and small talk
- Speaking in perfect pitch and tone
- Easy-to-understand grammar rules
- Getting around in a Chinese-speaking country
- Cultural references like maintaining face, dining etiquette, and social mores
Also included is an audio CD that features actual Chinese conversations by native Chinese speakers, which allows you to hear how Chinese is really spoken. Written by a leading Chinese language teacher in the United States, Chinese for Dummies introduces an often-daunting language to you in a fun-and-easy For Dummies manner.
CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
384 pages; ISBN 9781118436547
, or download in or
Title: Chinese For Dummies
Author: Wendy Abraham
More Language Arts
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Languages of Eastern Asia, Africa, Oceania > Chinese language and literature > Chinese language
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Languages of Eastern Asia, Africa, Oceania > Ural-Altaic languages
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Study & Teaching
- Foreign Language Study