Acquisition, Perception, Coding and Rendering
In this book the authors identify the basic concepts and recent advances in the acquisition, perception, coding and rendering of color. The fundamental aspects related to the science of colorimetry in relation to physiology (the human visual system) are addressed, as are constancy and color appearance. It also addresses the more technical aspects related to sensors and the color management screen. Particular attention is paid to the notion of color rendering in computer graphics. Beyond color, the authors also look at coding, compression, protection and quality of color images and videos.
Individual chapters focus on the LMS specification, color constancy, color appearance models, rendering in synthetic image generation, image sensor technologies, image compression, and quality and secure color imaging. Ideal for researchers, engineers, Master’s and PhD students, Digital Color: Acquisition, Perception, Encoding and Rendering offers a state of the art on all the scientific and technical issues raised by the different stages of the digital color process – acquisition, analysis and processing.
1. Colorimetry and Physiology – The LMS Specification, Françoise Viénot and Jean Le Rohellec.
2. Color Constancy, Jean-Christophe Burie, Majed Chambah and Sylvie Treuillet.
3. Color Appearance Models, Christine Fernandez-Maloigne and Alain Trémeau.
4. Rendering and Computer Graphics, Bernard Péroche, Samuel Delepoulle and Christophe Renaud.
5. Image Sensor Technology, François Berry and Omar Ait Aider.
6. From the Sensor to Color Images, Olivier Losson and Eric Dinet.
7. Color and Image Compression, Abdelhakim Saadane, Mohamed-Chaker Larabi and Christophe Charrier.
8. Protection of Color Images, William Puech, Alain Trémeau and Philippe Carré.
9. Quality Assessment Approaches, Mohamed-Chaker Larabi, Abdelhakim Saadane and Christophe Charrier.
, or download in or
Title: Digital Color
Author: Christine Fernandez-Maloigne; Frederique Robert-Inacio; Ludovic Macaire
Sams Teach Yourself Android Application Development in 24 Hours 2011 US$ 31.99 513 pages