The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Events and the Social Sciences
This book is the first dedicated to the intersections between the social sciences and the emerging field of events management. It applies and specifically contextualises social science theories within the discourse of events to provide a greater understanding of the significance of events in contemporary society. It first outlines the value of approaching the study of events from a social science perspective, and then moves on to an in-depth exploration of relevant theories exploring topics such as identity, culture, consumerism, representation and place. It concludes with a summary of each chapter and a discussion of ways in which events can be further explored through the lens of the social sciences.
168 pages; ISBN 9781135092696
, or download in or
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Anthropology > Manners and customs (General) > Houses. Dwellings
- Academic > Anthropology > Manners and customs (General) > Customs relative to public and social life, Including town life, court life, festivals, holidays, ceremonies of royalty, etc.
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Science > Geography
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Human Geography
- Social Science > Customs & Traditions