The Disability Studies Reader
The Fourth Edition of the Disability Studies Reader breaks new ground by emphasizing the global, transgender, homonational, and posthuman conceptions of disability. Including physical disabilities, but exploring issues around pain, mental disability, and invisible disabilities, this edition explores more varieties of bodily and mental experience. New histories of the legal, social, and cultural give a broader picture of disability than ever before.
Now available for the first time in eBook format 978-0-203-07788-7.
Title: The Disability Studies Reader
Author: Lennard J. Davis
More Social Science
Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes 2014 US$ 16.99 361 pages
When Breath Becomes Air 2016 US$ 12.99 240 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Protection, assistance and relief > Special classes > People with disabilities
- Social Science > Special Groups > Disabled
- Political Science > Public Policy
- Political Science > Social Services & Welfare
- Social Science > Sociology