The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Using new technologies to enhance teaching and learning in History
Nearly all history teachers are interested in how new technology might be used to improve teaching and learning in history. However, not all history departments have had the time, expertise and guidance which would enable them to fully explore the wide range of ways in which ICT might help them to teach their subject more effectively.
This much-needed collection offers practical guidance and examples of the ways in which new technology can enhance pupil engagement in the subject, impact on knowledge retention, get pupils learning outside the history classroom, and help them to work collaboratively using a range of Web 2.0 applications.
The chapters, written by experienced practitioners and experts in the field of history education and ICT, explore topics such as:
- how to design web interactivities for your pupils
- what can you accomplish with a wiki
- how to get going in digital video editing
- what to do with the VLE?
- making best use of the interactive whiteboard
- designing effective pupil webquests
- digital storytelling in history
- making full use of major history websites
- using social media.
Using New Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Learning in History is essential reading for all trainee, newly qualified and experienced teachers of history. It addresses many of the problems, barriers and dangers which new technology can pose, but it also clearly explains and exemplifies the wide range of ways in which ICT can be used to radically improve the quality of pupils’ experience of learning history.
200 pages; ISBN 9781135121068
, or download in or
More from this author
Duty 2014 US$ 14.99 640 pages
- Academic > History > Modern history, 1453- > 1789- > Europe (General) > History
- Academic > History > Medieval history > Crusades
- Academic > History > General
- Juvenile Nonfiction > History
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials > Science & Technology
- Education > Computers & Technology
- Education > Secondary
- History > Study & Teaching