How can we understand the pull towards that which we fear: psychosis?
In this thought provoking book, Abensour proposes the idea of a temptation towards psychosis rather than a regression, as a response to the hatred or denial of the subject’s origins. She shares her reflections on her psychoanalytic work with psychotic patients focusing on their struggle to achieve a coherent sense of a self that can inhabit a shared world. Abensour locates this struggle within the universal human struggle to achieve a balance between what we can and cannot allow ourselves to know about the reality of death and of our insignificance in the world.
192 pages; ISBN 9781136157110
, or download in or
Title: Psychotic Temptation
Author: Liliane Abensour
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Psychoses
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Psychosomatic medicine
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Mental Health
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychoanalysis
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Clinical Psychology