Overcoming Health Anxiety
Letting Go of Your Fear of Illness
If you experience troubling symptoms, it’s only natural to worry about your health. But if your anxiety persists even after doctors tell you they can find nothing wrong, it may be hurting you more than it helps. You might research medical conditions on the internet, exercise constantly, or check your body for signs of disease, all the while growing more and more consumed by worry. And that worry has consequences of its own—the never-ending cycle of anxiety can all but destroy your quality of life.
If you’re ready to stop being overly preoccupied with fears about your health, Overcoming Health Anxiety offers an evidence-based approach called cognitive behavioral therapy to help you get started. You’ll learn the difference between people with health anxiety and hypochondriacs, find the root of your health anxiety, and challenge illness-related thoughts. In time, you’ll drastically reduce your fears and enjoy a life free from recurring health-related worries.
Title: Overcoming Health Anxiety
Author: Katherine Owens; Martin Antony
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 9.99 288 pages
The Joy of Sex 2013 US$ 13.99 288 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Neuroses
- Self-Help > Mood Disorders
- Self-Help > Stress Management
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Neuropsychology
- Family & Relationships > Emotions