10 Signposts into the Missional Frontier
Prodigal Christianity offers a down-to-earth, accessible, and yet provocative understanding of God's mission of redemption in the world, and how followers of Christ can participate in this work. It speaks into the discontent of all those who have exhausted conservative, liberal, and even emergent ways of being Christian and are looking for a new way forward. It offers building blocks for missional theology and practice that moves Christians into a gospel-centered way of life for our culture and our times.
- Offers a compelling and creative vision for North American Christians
- Puts forth a theology and ten critical signposts that must be observed to follow a missional way of life: post-Christendom, missio Dei, incarnation, witness, scripture, gospel, church, sexuality, justice, pluralism
- Asks questions and points to issues that trouble many leaders in the post-modern, post-denominational, post-Christendom church
This book can fill the gap for the average Christian left discontented with the current options "after evangelicalism."
224 pages; ISBN 9781118240731
, or download in or
Title: Prodigal Christianity
Author: David E. Fitch; Geoff Holsclaw
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > The Church > Mission of the church
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Feast days > Pentecost Festival
- Academic > Divinity and Practical Theology > Worship Public and private > Worship; History; Early church, ca. 30-600
- Religion > Christianity
- Religion > Leadership