The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Going to the Sources
A Guide to Historical Research and Writing
The updated fifth edition of Going to the Sources presents a practical guide to historical research and writing for all students of history.
- Focuses on the basics of historians’ craft, introducing students to concepts including refining a topic, selecting sources, and engaging critically with their reading
- Appendices illustrate style for footnotes, endnotes, and bibliographical entries, as well as a list of commonly used abbreviations
- Features a new chapter on the use of non-textual sources for historians, including a case study discussion of the historical importance of D. W. Griffith’s film The Birth of a Nation
- Addresses how to bring the critical assessment skills of reading to bear on film and other non-textual sources
- Includes a student-written historiographical essay, with marginal notes for instruction
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
History for the IB Diploma: Causes, Practices and Effects of Wars 2011 US$ 26.00 241 pages