The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Companion to Pedro Almdovar
Edited by leading authorities on the subject, and bringing together a stellar cast of contributors, this detailed appraisal of Pedro Almodóvar’s unique cinematic art examines the themes, style, and aesthetics of his oeuvre and locates it in the context of the profound cultural transformations in Spain since the 1970s.
- Brings together a stellar cast of contributors from across the globe including recognized and established specialists as well as talented younger scholars
- Features contributions by Spanish film historians, where studies of Almodóvar’s work have been underrepresented in the academic literature
- Deploys new approaches to the analysis of film authorship by exploring contextual issues such as Almodóvar’s transnational appeal and the political dimensions of his works
- Traces the director’s fruitful collaborations in the areas of art and design, fashion and music
584 pages; ISBN 9781118325384
, or download in or
More Performing Arts
I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends 2014 US$ 11.99 288 pages
Taking the Lead 2014 US$ 14.99 256 pages
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Motion pictures
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Performing Arts > Film > History & Criticism
- Performing Arts > Video