Design and Construction of High-Performance Homes
Building Envelopes, Renewable Energies and Integrated Practice
Both professionals and students are increasingly committed to achieving high-performance metrics in the design, construction and operation of residential buildings. This book responds to this demand by offering a comprehensive guide which features:
- architectural innovations in building skin technologies which make lighter more transparent buildings high performing;
- energy-free architectural design principles and advances in building-integrated photovoltaics;
- essential engineering principles, controls and approaches to simulation for achieving net zero;
- the advantages of integrated design in residential construction and the challenges and opportunities it engenders;
- detailed case studies of innovative homes which have incorporated low-energy design solutions, new materials, alternative building assemblies, digital fabrication, integrated engineering systems and operational controls.
Divided into four parts, the book discusses the requisite AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) knowledge needed when building a high-performance home. It also communicates this information across four case studies, which provide the reader with a thorough overview of all aspects to be considered in the design and construction of sustainable homes. With contributions from experts in the field, the book provides a well-rounded and multi-faceted approach.
This book is essential reading for students and professionals in design, architecture, engineering (civil, mechanical and electrical), construction and energy management.
312 pages; ISBN 9781135874919
, or download in or
Title: Design and Construction of High-Performance Homes
Author: Franca Trubiano