Acoustic Array Systems
Theory, Implementation, and Application
Presents a unified framework of far-field and near-fieldarray techniques for noise source identification and sound fieldvisualization, from theory to application.
Acoustic Array Systems: Theory, Implementation, andApplication provides an overview of microphone arraytechnology with applications in noise source identification andsound field visualization. In the comprehensive treatment ofmicrophone arrays, the topics covered include an introduction tothe theory, far-field and near-field array signal processingalgorithms, practical implementations, and common applications:vehicles, computing and communications equipment, compressors,fans, and household appliances, and hands-free speech. The authorconcludes with other emerging techniques and innovativealgorithms.
- Encompasses theoretical background, implementationconsiderations and application know-how
- Shows how to tackle broader problems in signal processing,control, and transudcers
- Covers both farfield and nearfield techniques in a balancedway
- Introduces innovative algorithms including equivalent sourceimaging (NESI) and high-resolution nearfield arrays
- Selected code examples available for download for readers topractice on their own
- Presentation slides available for instructor use
A valuable resource for Postgraduates and researchers inacoustics, noise control engineering, audio engineering, and signalprocessing.
536 pages; ISBN 9780470828373
Download in or
Title: Acoustic Array Systems
Author: Mingsian R. Bai; Jeong-Guon Ih; Jacob Benesty
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies 2013 US$ 31.99 843 pages