Advances in Food Science and Technology, Volume 1
Written in a systematic and comprehensive manner, the book reports recent advances in the development of food science and technology areas.
Advances in Food Science and Technology discusses many of the recent technical research accomplishments in the areas of food science and technology, such as food security as a global issue, food chemistry, frozen food and technology, as well as state-of-the-art developments concerning food production, properties, quality, trace element speciation, nanotechnology, and bionanocomposites for food packing applications.
Specifically, this important book details:
- New innovative methods for food formulations and novel nanotechnology applications such as food packaging, enhanced barrier, active packaging, and intelligent packaging
- Freezing methods and equipment such as freezing by contact with cold air, cold liquid, and cold surfaces, cryogenic freezing, and a combination of freezing methods
- Chemical and functional properties of food components
- Bionanocomposites for natural food packing and natural biopolymer-based films such as polysaccharide films and protein films
- Regulatory aspects of food ingredients in the United States with the focus on the safety of enzyme preparations used in food
The book is a reliable "one stop" reference resource for university and college researchers, postdoctoral research fellows, and senior graduate students in food science. Industry and governmental scientists, food technologists, and researchers from R&D laboratories working in the area of food science and its applications will find this book to be invaluable.
328 pages; ISBN 9781118659120
, or download in or
Title: Advances in Food Science and Technology, Volume 1
Author: Visakh P. M.; Sabu Thomas; Laura B. Iturriaga; Pablo Daniel Ribotta