An Accidental Statistician
The Life and Memories of George E. P. Box
Praise for George E. P. Box and An Accidental Statistician
"I found most interesting the parts describing how he developed as a statistician, the intellectual influences on him, and the genesis of the ideas for which he is so well known. . . . There is no doubt that this [memoir] will be a useful autobiographical document from one of our greatest statisticians."
—Iain Johnstone, Professor of Statistics, Stanford University
"Not only is [An Accidental Statistician] interesting from a statistical and history of statistics perspective, it is also a marvelous example of grammatically sound writing of beautiful style and quality."
— Geert Molenberghs, Professor of Biostatistics, Limburgs Universitair Centru, Belgium
"As a master craftsman, [George Box has] taught so many apprentices over the years. It is wonderful to see the spreading effects of [his] teachings throughout the world today."
— Norman R. Draper, Professor Emeritus, University of Wisconsin–Madison
From early childhood to a celebrated career in academia and industry, acclaimed statistician George E. P. Box offers personal insights and a firsthand account of his professional accomplishments in this charming and intimate memoir of a great intellectual's life.
304 pages; ISBN 9781118514931
, or download in or
Title: An Accidental Statistician
Author: George E. P. Box
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Mathematical statistics
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Mathematical statistics; History
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Technology > Engineering > Industrial
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Mathematics > History & Philosophy
- Science > Experiments & Projects
- Biography & Autobiography > Science & Technology