How to Recruit and Hire Great Software Engineers
Building a Crack Development Team
Some studies show that really good programmers can be as much as 5 or even 10 times more productive than the rest. How do you find these rock star developers? Patrick McCuller, an experienced engineering and hiring manager, has made answering that question part of his life's work, and the result is this book. It covers sourcing talent, preparing for interviews, developing questions and exercises that reveal talent (or the lack thereof), handling common and uncommon situations, and onboarding your new hires.
How to Recruit and Hire Great Software Engineers will make your hiring much more effective, providing a long-term edge for your projects. It will:
- Teach you everything you need to know to find and evaluate great software developers.
- Explain why and how you should consider candidates as customers, which makes offers easy to negotiate and close.
- Give you the methods to create and engineer an optimized process for your business from job description to onboarding and the hundreds of details in between.
- Provide analytical tools and metrics to help you improve the quality of your hires.
This book will prove invaluable to new managers. But McCuller's deep thinking on the subject will also help veteran managers who understand the essential importance of finding just the right person to move projects forward. Put into practice, the hiring process this book prescribes will not just improve the success rate of your projects—it'll make your work life easier and lot more fun.
244 pages; ISBN 9781430249184
, or download in
Title: How to Recruit and Hire Great Software Engineers
Author: Patrick McCuller
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science; Vocational guidance
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming > Software Development