Freddie Foreman - The Godfather of British Crime
To Britain’s criminal underworld, Freddie Foreman is the Godfather. Held responsible for the gangland killings of Ginger Marks and Frank The Mad Axeman’ Mitchell, he was the punisher to those who broke the underworld’s strict code of conduct.
Foreman’s dramatic kidnap and arrest for Britain’s biggest cash robbery made headlines around the world, yet this daring raid was just the peak of a safe-blowing, bank-robbing career that spanned decades. His story is a fascinating, yet chilling account of life as a freelance enforcer for the Kray twins, and as London’s most feared gangster.
Bloodshed aside, Freddie’s often humorous stories reveal a caring man who believes that violence is a last resort and who always treated people with respect. Revealed in these pages are the amazing details of the heists, the double crossings, the shoot-outs and the betrayals that accompanied life as a career criminal when the streets were controlled by fear. Exposed are the audacious plans behind the century’s most famous crimes, the damning evidence of police corruption and the eye-opening events that gave Freddie this most revered reputation.
’The most blood-curdling gangster memoir you’ll ever read’ The News of the World
300 pages; ISBN 9781782195016
, or download in
Title: Freddie Foreman - The Godfather of British Crime
Author: Freddie Foreman
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Criminal classes
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Social Science > Criminology
- Biography & Autobiography
- True Crime