The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
If you’re ready to build a large network system, this handy excerpt from Ethernet: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition gets you up to speed on a basic building block: Ethernet switches. Whether you’re working on an enterprise or campus network, data center, or Internet service provider network, you’ll learn how Ethernet switches function and how they’re used in network designs.
This brief tutorial also provides an overview of the most important features found in switches, from the basics to more advanced features found in higher-cost and specialized switches.
- Get an overview of basic switch operation, the spanning tree protocol, and switch performance issues
- Learn about switch management and some of the most widely used switch features
- Discover how a hierarchical design can help maintain stable network operations
- Delve into special-purpose switches, such as multi-layer, access, stacking, and wireless access-point switches
- Learn about advanced switch features designed for specific networking environments
- Dive deeper into switches, with a list of protocol and package documentation
80 pages; ISBN 9781449367282
, or download in or
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages