If you’re ready to build a large network system, this handy excerpt from Ethernet: The Definitive Guide, Second Edition gets you up to speed on a basic building block: Ethernet switches. Whether you’re working on an enterprise or campus network, data center, or Internet service provider network, you’ll learn how Ethernet switches function and how they’re used in network designs.
This brief tutorial also provides an overview of the most important features found in switches, from the basics to more advanced features found in higher-cost and specialized switches.
- Get an overview of basic switch operation, the spanning tree protocol, and switch performance issues
- Learn about switch management and some of the most widely used switch features
- Discover how a hierarchical design can help maintain stable network operations
- Delve into special-purpose switches, such as multi-layer, access, stacking, and wireless access-point switches
- Learn about advanced switch features designed for specific networking environments
- Dive deeper into switches, with a list of protocol and package documentation
80 pages; ISBN 9781449367282
, or download in or
Title: Ethernet Switches
Author: Charles E. Spurgeon; Joann Zimmerman
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
The Internet For Dummies 2015 US$ 19.99 388 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 in VB 2012 US$ 31.49 889 pages