The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Data Integration for Properties and Processes
Groundwater is a critical resource and the PrinciPal source of drinking water for over 1.5 billion people. In 2001, the National Research Council cited as a "grand challenge" our need to understand the processes that control water movement in the subsurface. This volume faces that challenge in terms of data integration between complex, multi-scale hydrologie processes, and their links to other physical, chemical, and biological processes at multiple scales.
Subsurface Hydrology: Data Integration for Properties and Processes presents the current state of the science in four aspects:
- Approaches to hydrologie data integration
- Data integration for characterization of hydrologie properties
- Data integration for understanding hydrologie processes
- Meta-analysis of current interpretations
Scientists and researchers in the field, the laboratory, and the classroom will find this work an important resource in advancing our understanding of subsurface water movement.
253 pages; ISBN 9781118671801
, or download in or
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water purification. Water treatment and conditioning. Saline water conversion > Physical geography, History
- Academic > Geography > Physical geography > Hydrology. Water > Ground and surface waters > Groundwater. Hydrogeology
- Academic > Physical Geography > Groundwater. Hydrogeology > Groundwater flow
- Science > Earth Sciences > Hydrology
- Science > Geology
- Science > Geophysics
- Technology > Hydrology