The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
MongoDB: The Definitive Guide
Manage the huMONGOus amount of data collected through your web application with MongoDB. This authoritative introduction—written by a core contributor to the project—shows you the many advantages of using document-oriented databases, and demonstrates how this reliable, high-performance system allows for almost infinite horizontal scalability.
This updated second edition provides guidance for database developers, advanced configuration for system administrators, and an overview of the concepts and use cases for other people on your project. Ideal for NoSQL newcomers and experienced MongoDB users alike, this guide provides numerous real-world schema design examples.
- Get started with MongoDB core concepts and vocabulary
- Perform basic write operations at different levels of safety and speed
- Create complex queries, with options for limiting, skipping, and sorting results
- Design an application that works well with MongoDB
- Aggregate data, including counting, finding distinct values, grouping documents, and using MapReduce
- Gather and interpret statistics about your collections and databases
- Set up replica sets and automatic failover in MongoDB
- Use sharding to scale horizontally, and learn how it impacts applications
- Delve into monitoring, security and authentication, backup/restore, and other administrative tasks
432 pages; ISBN 9781449344825
, or download in or
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages