The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Explicit Cost Dynamics
An Alternative to Activity-Based Costing
Traditional cost management systems typically defeat their own purpose by leading corporations to make decisions that ultimately do not optimize performance. These systems are the foundation for decisions that are made throughout the corporation. In order for organizations to increase performance beyond current capabilities, a new approach is needed that addresses issues such as understanding the true impact of various actions on the bottom line-and eliminating methods that distort numbers and narrow options. Explicit Cost Dynamics (ECD) offers such an alternative, and this expertly written, revolutionary book provides an indispensable introduction to the subject.
Informative and easy-to-read, Explicit Cost Dynamics:
- Provides an alternative view and understanding of the impact of costs, actions, and time on the bottom line of a corporation
- Explains how this new theory can lead to an overall profit maximization
- Shows that costs can be considered as either a function of activities performed, as a function of resources expended, or of time
- Shows that the difference between explicit dollars flowing into and out of a company is equal to the rate of change of cash
- . . . and much more to help CEOs, CFOs, controllers, cost managers, financial managers, and others involved in the decision-making process improve their organizations' overall bottom lines.
239 pages; ISBN 9780471047117
, or download in