Lifelong Learning in the UK
An introductory guide for Education Studies
Written specifically for Education Studies students, this accessible text offers a clear introduction to lifelong learning and the impact it has on all areas of society. Assuming no prior knowledge of the subject, it explores what lifelong learning is, where learning can and does take place and who is accessing it.
Offering a clear overview of the different strands to lifelong learning, the book examines the concept of lifelong learning drawing on key policy initiatives and strategies. Each section outlines the types of individuals who are most likely to access lifelong learning within and across these strands including, for example, migrants, refugees and asylum seekers, unemployed adults, carers and guardians, older age-groups and returning learners.
- adult and community learning;
- higher education;
- further education;
- work-based learning;
- prison and probation learning.
Including supporting tasks and reflection activities, this textbook will give students a broad understanding of lifelong learning and its role in supporting adults throughout their life both socially and economically. Lifelong Learning in the UK is an essential introductory text for students on undergraduate courses in Education Studies.
136 pages; ISBN 9781136340956
, or download in or
Title: Lifelong Learning in the UK
Author: Anne O'Grady
From Discipline to Culturally Responsive Engagement 2013 US$ 34.95 233 pages
The Edcamp Model 2014 US$ 11.95 73 pages
The Adult Student's Guide to Survival & Success 2008 US$ 12.00 176 pages
Teacher Evaluation to Enhance Professional Practice 2000 US$ 24.95 167 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Philosophy & Social Aspects