The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Oracle PL/SQL Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques
Proven PL/SQL Optimization Solutions
In Oracle PL/SQL Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques, Oracle ACE authors with decades of experience building complex production systems for government, industry, and educational organizations present a hands-on approach to enabling optimal results from PL/SQL. The book begins by describing the discovery process required to pinpoint performance problems and then provides measurable and repeatable test cases. In-depth coverage of linking SQL and PL/SQL is followed by deep dives into essential Oracle Database performance tuning tools. Real-world examples and best practices are included throughout this Oracle Press guide.
- Follow a request-driven nine-step process to identify and address performance problems in web applications
- Use performance-related database tools, including data dictionary views, logging, tracing, PL/SQL Hierarchical Profiler, PL/Scope, and RUNSTATS
- Instrument code to pinpoint performance issues using call stack APIs, error stack APIs, and timing markers
- Embed PL/SQL in SQL and manage user-defined functions
- Embed SQL in PL/SQL using a set-based approach to handle large volumes of data
- Properly write and deploy data manipulation language triggers to avoid performance problems
- Work with advanced datatypes, including LOBs and XML
- Use caching techniques to avoid redundant operations
- Effectively use dynamic SQL to reduce the amount of code needed and streamline system management
- Manage version control and ensure that performance fixes are successfully deployed
Code examples in the book are available for download.
336 pages; ISBN 9780071822183
, or download in or
Program Logics for Certified Compilers 2014 US$ 14.99 469 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages