The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Paton's Cry, The Beloved Country
CliffsNotes on Cry, the Beloved Country takes you into a compassionately told story set in the troubled and changing South Africa in the 1940s.
Focusing on a people who are caught between two worlds -- the old with its rituals and and respect and the new with its lack of values and order -- this study guide explores a novel of social protest through character analyses and critical essays. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Profile of the author Alan Paton's life and work
- Historical background of the troubled and changing South Africa of the 1940s
- Character web and in-depth analyses of the major roles
- Summaries and commentaries for each chapter within the book
- Review questions and suggestions for theme topics
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
83 pages; ISBN 9780822070450
, or download in