The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Paton's Cry, The Beloved Country
CliffsNotes on Cry, the Beloved Country takes you into a compassionately told story set in the troubled and changing South Africa in the 1940s.
Focusing on a people who are caught between two worlds -- the old with its rituals and and respect and the new with its lack of values and order -- this study guide explores a novel of social protest through character analyses and critical essays. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Profile of the author Alan Paton's life and work
- Historical background of the troubled and changing South Africa of the 1940s
- Character web and in-depth analyses of the major roles
- Summaries and commentaries for each chapter within the book
- Review questions and suggestions for theme topics
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
83 pages; ISBN 9780822070450
, or download in