The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray
In CliffsNotes on The Picture of Dorian Gray, you explore Oscar Wilde’s great works about narcissism, rife with symbolism and classic themes. Here, you meet Dorian Gray and discover his secret pact with the devil to stay young and handsome, and the subsequent destruction of his soul.
This study guide carefully walks you through Dorian’s story by providing summaries and critical analyses of each chapter of the novel. You'll also explore the life and background of the author, Oscar Wilde, and gain insight into how he came to write this novel. Other features that help you study include
- A list of characters
- Glossaries to define new and unfamiliar terms
- Critical essays about Oscar Wilde’s views and life
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A list of online resources for more study
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
82 pages; ISBN 9780764513282
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Poetry > By period
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > Criticism
- Academic > Literature > English literature > 19th century, 1770/1800-1890/1900
- Literary Criticism > European > English, Irish, Scottish, Welsh
- Study Aids > Cliffs Notes - Literature
- Study Aids > Book Notes
- Literary Criticism > Book Notes