The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Lowry's The Giver
CliffsNotes on The Giver explores a world in which disease, hunger, poverty, war, and lasting pain simply don’t exist. The members of this utopia have given up all human emotions and memories to live in a state of Sameness.
Following the story of a 12-year-old boy who recognizes the hypocrisy of his community’s “social order” – and who crafts a way to free everyone from the bane of Sameness, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each chapter within the novel. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Personal background on the author, Lois Lowry
- Introduction to and synopsis of the book
- Character descriptions
- Critical essays on the author’s themes, style, language, and more
- Review section that features interactive questions and suggested essay topics
- Selected bibliography and list of critical works
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
61 pages; ISBN 9780764522925
, or download in
More Literary Criticism
How to Read Literature Like a Professor Revised 2014 US$ 10.99 314 pages
Prometheus Bound 2012 US$ 6.95 99 pages