The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Cisneros' The House of Mango Street & "Woman Hollering Creek" and other stories
This concise supplement to Cisneros' The House on Mango Street & Woman Hollering Creek & Other Stories helps students delve into both story collections, highlighting the wide, encompassing and vibrant lives of Latinas of all ages, from Mexican villas to the barrios of Chicago, and places in between.
This user-friendly guide makes studying a snap with visual icons flagging key themes, literary devices, and more. You'll come to understand the overall structure of the works, actions and motivations of the characters, and the social and cultural perspectives of the author. Features that help you study include
- A character map, with brief descriptions, and that identifies relationships
- Summaries and commentaries
- A survey of the author's life that offers insight into her writing style
- Descriptive character analyses
- Critical essays on themes, form, and language
- A review section that tests your knowledge
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure ??? you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
114 pages; ISBN 9780764513213
, or download in