The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Euripides' Medea & Electra
In CliffsNotes on Euripides' Electra & Medea, you explore two classic Greek tragedies by Euripides and discover how the playwright introduced many innovations into the drama of his time. Electra and Medea present enlightening psychological examinations of characters under extreme stress — namely the title characters: Electra, the daughter of Agamemnon who seeks revenge on her mother and uncle for murdering her father and forcing her to live in poverty; and Media, who seeks revenge against her husband Jason for betraying her and marrying another woman.
In this study guide, you'll find Life of the Playwright, as well as character lists and Summaries and Commentaries of each play. You'll also find critical essays on the following topics:
- The background of the Greek tragedy
- Aristotle on tragedy
- Other works by Euripides
- Notes on the main characters of each play
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
66 pages; ISBN 9780764521430
, or download in
More Language Arts
- Academic > Literature > Classical literature > Greek literature
- Juvenile Nonfiction > Poetry
- Study Aids > Book Notes
- Study Aids > Cliffs Notes - Literature
- Literary Criticism > Book Notes
- Literary Criticism > Ancient & Classical
- Education > Study Skills
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Reading Skills
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Grammar