The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Hemingway's A Farewell to Arms
CliffsNotes on Farewell to Arms explores a potent and memorable love story set against the historical and geographical background of World War I.
Following the growth of a rakish, indifferent soldier into a mature man capable of real love for the worldly-wise nurse who falls for him, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each chapter within the intense and descriptive novel. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Personal background on author Ernest Hemingway, including honors and awards
- Introduction to and synopsis of the books
- Character analyses of primary figures Frederick Henry and Catherine Barkley
- Critical essays on weather symbolism and Hemingway’s influence
- Review section that features fill-in-the-blank questions, quoted passages, and suggested essay topics and practice projects
- Resource Center with books, articles, video and audio recordings, and Web sites that can help round out your knowledge
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
132 pages; ISBN 9780822070696
, or download in