The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Houston's Farewell To Manzanar
CliffsNotes on Farewell to Manzanar explores the autobiographical childhood memories of the author’s wartime incarceration in a Japanese-American internment camp.
Following the first-person story of American-born Jeanne Wakatsuki, who was 7 years old when her family was forced into confinement with 10,000 other Asian-Americans after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, this study guide provides summaries and critical commentaries for each chapter within a narrative that spans three decades. Other features that help you figure out this important work include
- Author background, including coverage of Jeanne’s healing return to Manzanar
- Introduction to the novel, with historical perspective
- Critical essays on style, settings, and themes
- Character analyses of Jeanne Wakatsuki and her parents
- Review section that features suggested essay topics
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
43 pages; ISBN 9780822070702
, or download in
More from this author
More Literary Criticism
The Cambridge Companion to Fantasy Literature 2012 US$ 25.00 298 pages
The Cambridge Companion to Modern Japanese Culture 2009 US$ 43.00 432 pages