The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
CliffsNotes On Ibsen's A Doll's House and Hedda Gabler
CliffsNotes on A Doll's House & Hedda Gabler takes you into Henrick Ibsen's dramatic plays, controversial theater productions that inflamed audience reactions in the nineteenth century.
A Doll's House follows the story of a housewife who emerges from the confinement of her married life to confront the conditions of the outside world. Typical of Ibsen's dramas, Hedda Gabler portrays a depraved world in which women in particular submit to unsatisfying socially imposed roles. Summaries and expert commentaries cover each act within both plays; other features that help you figure out these important works include
- Life and background of the playwright
- Summary of Ibsen's most famous plays
- Analysis of the plays' structure, themes, and characters
- A complete list of Ibsen's drama
- Sample exam questions and essay topics
Classic literature or modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.
58 pages; ISBN 9780764584862
, or download in
More Literary Criticism
The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei 2013 US$ 39.95 720 pages
Shakespeare and the Digital World 2014 US$ 24.00 280 pages
Paradise, Death and Doomsday in Anglo-Saxon Literature 2001 US$ 37.00 224 pages
Heller's Catch-22 1999 US$ 5.99 36 pages
- Academic > Literature > Norwegian literature > Individual authors or works > 19th century > Ibsen, Henrik
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Literary history and criticism
- Academic > Literature > German literature > Folk literature
- Study Aids > Book Notes
- Literary Criticism > Book Notes
- Literary Criticism > Drama