Security and Privacy in Biometrics
Biometrics-based recognition systems offer many benefits over traditional authentication approaches. However, such systems raise new challenges related to personal data protection.
This important text/reference presents the latest secure and privacy-compliant techniques in automatic human recognition. Featuring viewpoints from an international selection of experts in the field, the comprehensive coverage spans both theory and practical implementations, taking into consideration all ethical and legal issues.
Topics and features: presents a unique focus on novel approaches and new architectures for unimodal and multimodal template protection; examines signal processing techniques in the encrypted domain, security and privacy leakage assessment, and aspects of standardization; describes real-world applications, from face and fingerprint-based user recognition, to biometrics-based electronic documents, and biometric systems employing smart cards; reviews the ethical implications of the ubiquity of biometrics in everyday life, and its impact on human dignity; provides guidance on best practices for the processing of biometric data within a legal framework.
This timely and authoritative volume is essential reading for all practitioners and researchers involved in biometrics-based automatic human recognition. Graduate students of computer science and electrical engineering will also find the text to be an invaluable practical reference.
440 pages; ISBN 9781447152309
, or download in
Title: Security and Privacy in Biometrics
Author: Patrizio Campisi
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Application software; Development
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer security
- Academic > Computer Science > Human-computer interaction
- Academic > Computer Science > User interfaces (Computer systems)
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Information Technology
- Computers > Security
- Computers > Data Processing
- Computers > Social Aspects
- Computers > User Interfaces
- Computers > Computer Vision
- Social Science