The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Cognition and Crime
Offender Decision Making and Script Analyses
The rational choice perspective developed by Cornish and Clarke in 1986 provides criminologists with a valuable and practical framework for purposes of crime control and prevention. More than twenty-five years later, Cognition and Crime pushes the boundaries of this field of research by bringing together international leading (or emerging) researchers in this area of script analysis into a single volume for the first time. It also presents a series of original contributions on offender decision-making during crime and crime script analysis as well as offering a critical perspective of what could be achieved in the future to further help develop this field of research for prevention purposes. In addition, each empirical chapter treats a specific and important form of crime such as stalking violence, drug dealing, human trafficking for sexual exploitation, child sexual abuse, and transnational illegal market of endangered species.
Academics and students from various backgrounds, and interested in investigating and preventing crime, will benefit from this book as it applies crime script analysis and discusses new and future developments in regards to this approach and the rational choice perspective. This volume will be of particular relevance for practitioners such as police officers and crime investigators.
288 pages; ISBN 9781136185342
, or download in or
More Social Science
Statistics in Plain English, Third Edition 2010 US$ 42.95 212 pages
The Powers to Lead 2008 US$ 14.99 241 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology > Criminal anthropology
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Psychology > Criminal Psychology
- Social Science > Criminology