The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Routledge Handbook of International Crime and Justice Studies
The Routledge Handbook of International Crime and Justice Studies presents the enduring debates and emerging challenges in crime and justice studies from an international and multi-disciplinary perspective. Guided by the pivotal, although vastly under-examined, role that consumerism, politics, technology, and culture assume in shaping these debates and in organizing these challenges, individual chapters probe the global landscape of crime and justice with astonishing clarity and remarkable depth.
A distinguished collection of experts examine the interdisciplinary field of international crime and justice. Their contributions are divided into thematic sections, including:
- theory, culture, and society
- industries of crime and justice: systems of policing, law, corrections and punishment
- the criminal enterprise
- global technologies
- media, crime, and culture
- green criminology
- political violence
- public health criminology
- the political economy of crime and justice.
All the chapters include full pedagogy and instructional resources for easy referencing or classroom use. This Handbook will be useful for students, scholars and practitioners of law, medicine, history, economics, sociology, politics, philosophy, education, public health, and social policy.
688 pages; ISBN 9781136868498
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology
- Law > International
- Social Science > Sociology
- Social Science > Criminology